Clothing Swap Day n.8
It's time for Gotland nation's eighth Clothing Swap Day (also called Nordic Swap Day). The interest of this event has proven to be very large in the past and us organizers always try to improve the organization and make it as good as possible.
The restrictions are lifted once again and we will be holding a clothing swap as we used to, but keep in mind that the pandemic is not over. We urge everyone to follow Folkhälsomyndighetens guidelines.
Submission between 12:00 - 15:00. Exchange between 17:00 - 19:00.
- It's free: No nation card is required to enter
- The submission takes place upstairs in the room called Gulan
- Bring fresh clothes that are whole
- You are allowed to bring unlimited amount of clothes BUT you can only get 10 tickets
- One garment corresponds to one ticket
- We only accept clothing (indoor garments and outwear), bags/backpacks and shoes
- Garments that nobody picks will be donated to Röda Korset second hand shop (you will not get your clothes back)
What can a Clothes Swap Day contribute with?
People are shopping far too much and it affects the environment and all life in different ways around the world. The wear-and-tear-trend is not durable. A Clothes Swap Day is a fun, social and completely free activity where no nation card is required which gives concrete environmental benefit. If you do not know what to wear, if you have clothes at home that you are tired of or no longer fit into, you now have the chance to refresh your wardrobe or maybe find something to give to a friend or family. You get rid of some clothes, which become new and uplifting for someone else. It’s a win-win concept!
Tip: Feel free to take a fika on Sunday at Jakens Café (our nation café), which is open the same time as the submission between 12:00 - 15:00. There will be both food and dessert options to choose from. More info at www.facebook.com/helgfika/ or Instagram @jakenscafe
Organizer: Home and Culture Committee (HK-nämnden), Gotlands Nation